2018 French Academy of Surgery Exchange Program
The American Surgical Association announces an exciting opportunity for three of its mid-career members.
In October 2017, three French surgeons from the French Academy of Surgery attended the ACS Clinical Congress in San Diego, California, after which ASA President Ronald Maier, M.D., accompanied them as they visited the Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego Health in La Jolla, the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, and the City of Hope in Duarte, for a series of evening dinners and morning scientific lectures.
The French Academy has now asked the ASA to identify three mid-career Fellows to participate in a similar program this fall in France—a weeklong series of lectures and scientific sessions at three academic departments of general and visceral surgery at the Universities of Lille, Rennes, and Strasbourg (home of the ACS-accredited IRCAD institute), and at the French Association of Surgery Congress, September 16 (arrival) – 22 (departure), 2018.
What Is Covered:
- Outside of the French Association of Surgery Congress, all expenses will be paid for by the Universities of Lille, Rennes, and Strasbourg
- Registration for the French Association of Surgery Congress
What Is Not Covered (i.e., what each ASA Fellow will be responsible for):
- Transatlantic flight to and from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Accommodations during the French Congress of Surgery
||Any mid-career ASA Fellow in good-standing is welcome to apply, and must be available to travel during the dates of September 16 (arrival) – 22 (departure), 2018.
Applications Must Include:
- A cover letter outlining:
- The lecture(s) you would potentially deliver at the Universities of Lille, Rennes, and Strasbourg, and at the French Association of Surgery Congress
- The ways in which this opportunity would enhance your surgical practice and/or research, or other anticipated benefits
- Your Curriculum Vitae
|| The 2018 application deadline has passed.
|Notification of Award:
||Applications will be reviewed by the ASA Council at its meeting on April 18, 2018. Applicants will then be notified whether they have been selected for this French Academy of Surgery Exchange by April 30, 2018.