2020 Membership Cycle
The 2020 membership cycle is now closed.
Here are the remaining steps in the 2020 Membership Cycle:
Please note that the timeline from completion of application to election at the 2020 Annual Meeting is at minimum 13 months long.
- The names of candidates will be circulated to the entire membership in mid- to late-Spring 2019 so that ASA Fellows from a candidate's region and specialty may comment on him/her;
- The Advisory Membership Committee will review and discuss every candidate in October 2019 at the ACS Clinical Congress;
- At the January 2020 Council Meeting, the Advisory Membership Committee will make its recommendations regarding who should be included on the 2020 ballot, with the Council setting the final ballot;
- All Primary Sponsors are then notified whether their candidates made the final ballot, so that those who were not selected may reapply anew for the 2021 membership cycle; and
- The final 2020 ballot will be presented for vote at the Annual Business Meeting in Washington, DC, in April 2020.
2021 Membership Cycle
The 2021 membership application cycle will open over the summer of 2019.