TABLE OF CONTENTS
Selwyn M. Vickers, MD
Diana L. Farmer, MD
Michael G. Sarr, MD
Mary T. Hawn, MD
Kelly M. McMasters, MD, PhD
Jeffrey A. Drebin, MD, PhD
E. Christopher Ellison, MD
Ronald V. Maier, MD
Robin S. McLeod, MD
ASA Proposal for Membership
The 2023 membership cycle is open, and new candidate applications may be initiated by current ASA Fellows from within the ASA Members Only Area. The Association strongly sponsorship of membership applications for women leaders and underrepresented minorities, as well as from a range of surgical specialties. Please note that per the application instructions, PMID numbers must now be provided for the three most important contributions that each applicant uploads, as well as for all papers published by an applicant in the last five years.
Each candidate's electronic membership application must be completed and submitted online by March 1, 2022. All support letters must be uploaded by a candidate's six sponsors by March 31, 2022, in order for the applicant's name to be read at the 2022 Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
After the initial reading of all candidate names with completed applications in April, 2022:
- The names of candidates will be circulated to the entire membership in mid- to late-Spring 2022 so that ASA Fellows from a candidate's region and specialty may comment on him/her;
- The Advisory Membership Committee will review and discuss every candidate in October 2022 at the ACS Clinical Congress;
- At the January 2023 Council Meeting, the Advisory Membership Committee will make its recommendations regarding who should be included on the 2023 ballot, with the Council setting the final ballot;
- All sponsors are then notified whether their candidates made the final ballot, so that those who were not selected may reapply anew for the 2024 membership cycle; and
- The final 2023 ballot will be presented for vote at the Annual Business Meeting in Toronto, Canada, in April 2023.
Please note that the timeline from completion of application to election at the 2023 Annual Meeting is at minimum 13 months long.